From:
Rimantas Zujus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:46:33 +0200
 Dear Beefriends

 This year we watched early activity of our bees. On February 3 in Kaunas
region was registered the earliest fly-over of bees during all monitoring
time. It was a full fly-over of all bee colonies. Almost all beehives were
cleaned by bees. Until this year the earliest fly-over is registered on
February 12, 1974. On the other hand, recent autumn our bees had a late last
fly-over (November 1). The average autumn fly-over takes place on October
10. Therefore, the wintering time was the shortest of all cases registered
till now. It continued only 94 days, while the perennial average wintering
time is 152 days. As you see our bees had a very short and successful winter
this season. Last Saturday I watched my bees already bringing pollen from
the pussy willows and coltsfoot blossoms.

Best wishes
Rimantas Zujus

e-mail : [log in to unmask]
ICQ 4201422