Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:26:29 -0700
>>>  finding that over the past several weeks I am receiving posts up to 18 hours from the time they were sent.
>>>  So yes, BEE-L has been less real time than it has been in the past.  I
suspect it will continue so.

In this age of almost instant communication, we seem to be rather intolerant of slow messaging.  I'm old enough to remember when communication sometimes took a week to ten days for a response to come back from a query.  I'm just happy that even though it may be slow, twenty-four hours or longer, I still get the post in its entirety.  The internet is going to have problems, from cyber attacks to overload.  So far, it seems the techies have stayed ahead of the demand for bandwidth for the most part.  I wait with great anticipation for new advances to come down the line in this world-wide communication network.  Most of it we never become aware of and just accept as normal.  I applaud the monitors of this group and the hard and extensive work they do.  If they preview all the posts that are sent to BEE-L I'm amazed that we get the posts as quickly as we do.  GO MONITORS.

MIKE in LA