Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 14:24:07 -0400
Since Allen is bored and we have lousy weather in Maine, I ran across this
little jewel in my meanderings through the archives (in my quest for the
early pesticide).

Way back in 2009 I posted about the possibility of a Maunder minimum coming
in the near future, since we are about due if you think that climate is
cyclic.

Gavin Ramsay responded to Juanse (another poster on
http://wattsupwiththat.com/ ) that global warming (think mankind) is the
main driver of weather, not the sun which resulted in:

> Are the bees adapting at a fast enough pace?
>
> I have bees adapted to the Scottish climate, if that helps anyone.  However I fear that predictions of a mini-Maunder are much exaggerated:
> http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2008/10/minimaunder_minimum.html
>
> .... and so I may looking south for my adapted stocks in the coming years and decades, should my bees not evolve fast enough.
>
> all the best
>
> Gavin

In view of

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21929093

and record cold, have the bees been issued cold weather gear? I have some
left over from our just departing winter.

Even the Economist and Die Welt have agreed with climate scientists that
there has been no warming for the past 16+ years. The recent trend is down.
I would rather there be global warming as it is much more benign than
global cooling. This is one (among many) issues where I would like to be
wrong. Check out what the sun is doing now.

BTW. the answer to the current weather being cold is "weather is not
climate".

Thank you kindly.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine