From:
Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:11:57 -0700
--- On Fri, 10/15/10, allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<snip>
Symptoms of CCD (from http://maarec.psu.edu/pressReleases/FallDwindleUpdate0107.pdf)
<snip>
In agreement, Wikipedia says ...
<snip>

Just so everyone on the list knows, that's really only one source - the Wikipedia content is derivative of the Maarec content.  (I know because I was the one who added that content to the Wikipedia page and I was paraphrasing the Maarec definition as I did so.  The section has since been edited for readability but the meaning should still be the same.)

None of that, of course, takes away from Allen's question about the verification of the "delayed robbing or delayed occupation by opportunistic insects" as a necessary criterion for diagnosis.  It was commonly reported here on BEE-L but only anecdotally as I recall.

Mike Rossander