From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2014 01:10:59 -0400
> I really wrankle at the idea of trying to
> wipe out certain plants that are on
> various hit lists (some are great bee plants).

> The words of a man who has never faced either Kudzu or Burdock.

I said certain plants. Not Kudzu. I have burdock on my property and it is well behaved. Knotweed is in the neighborhood but I would stamp it out if it got on my land.

I tolerate and in fact enjoy many so-called invasives including the multiflora rose and the himalayan blackberry. We have quite a few of the plants on the hit lists and find them not at all a problem.

Truth is, most of the invasives can't compete with established plant populations, but rather get their foothold in disturbed or cultivated areas.

I have four acres of mature woods and very few invasives occur in that section. They are around the house & yard. The knotweed is overrunning the neighboring property which was cultivated for decades and then let go.

PLB