From:
Ahlert Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ahlert Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:31:38 +0200
Hi to all reading this list. One remark to the observation of Scott.

I am from Germany, following this list for about 3 years. I have been
on a beekeeping meeting at the Institue for Bee research at Celle
(Niedersachsen, northern part of Germany). On that meeting one
scientist said, that even the workers of the european honeybee will be
able to lay under certain conditions fertile eggs wich could lead to
females i.e. queens. I this would be correct, than the many
observations of single eggs found sometimes above queen excluders
could be eggs from laying bees (not queens). So far i did not see
published validated data on that matter but at least this opinion was
mentioned within a lecture.