From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:51:21 -0700
>Seems to me that at some point, a diet must be good enough.

Amen to that, Allen!  I get emails constantly from people thinking that this
or that is going to be the magic ingredient for pollen supplement.

Some of the largest and most successful beekeepers simply mix Brewtech yeast
with sugar syrup.  In my personal trials, I have found that that simple
mixture can be improved upon, but at a monetary cost.

As you say, Allen, it boils down to cost vs benefit.  This is why MegaBee
has such a high hurdle to clear--since it is more costly, beekeepers expect
more benefit.

As our knowledge of diets improves, we will likely approach an asymptote,
and the Law of Diminishing Returns will kick in.

My guess is that we may already not be far from there, at least for
free-flying bees who have access to a modicum of natural pollen.

Randy Oliver