From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2017 18:23:20 -0400
> Here on the Gulf Coast we have not been
> impacted by hurricanes in the past almost 4 years now.

But the Gulf Coast of the US has had its share of tropical storms come
through, and they differ from hurricanes only in windspeed.

2017 Cindy
2016 Colin, Danielle, Hermie
2015 Bill
2014 Hanna, Lilly
2013 Andrea, Karen

See http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/ and edit the year on
the end of the URL as needed

I, for one, would not whistle quite so loudly past the graveyard.