From:
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 14:51:54 -0600
As regards the comments that hives can be moved about a yard within 24
hours, not true.  A few years ago I had some observation hives that flew
out a window and dive-bombed the nearby tennis court.  No real problem,
the bees were just getting their bearings, but I got complaints.  So, I
took the observation hives out of the east window on the second floor,
moved them several miles away for 2 weeks, then brought them back to the
original building and placed them in a 3rd story, west facing window.

Well, by noon there were several hundred foragers outside the east
window, trying to get in where the hives had been 2 weeks before.

Jerry Bromenshenk
The University of Montana