From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 14:13:06 -0400
If you recall from my post on FGMO and essential oils, I wondered
about any tests that have been run on FGMO by Dr. R..
I got an email from a participant of this list who wants to
remain anonymous, and for good reason. I recall the flames from
the supporters of Dr. R. which was one of the several reasons the
list became moderated... even if Allan seems to want to heat
things up a bit.
It appears that results are in fact in, but not what was posted
by Dr. R. I have edited the comments to protect the person who
sent me the email. I am sure there are those on this list who
either participated in the test or know someone who did and would
be willing to comment. If not, email me and I will sanitize your
comments.
I realize that this is a poor way to do things, since it is
hearsay, or even could be coming from my own pen, but you will
have to trust a bit. Here is what was said. Comments appreciated.
Parenthesis are mine:

These studies (Dr. R's)  all seemed to be
started and never completed. The owners of the hives all make the
observation that he (Dr. R) never returned to make the regular
observations. It
seemed he was merely testing application methods without regard
to the
results obtained. Nearly all the colonies were overwhelmed by
varroa and
died. I have read his experiment papers on the web site. In my
considered
opinion, the results he claims were obtained, were made up from
whole
cloth. To make the point as clear as possible, none of the
beekeepers
involved with his study will use the anti-varroa methods
described in
the studies.