From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:55:52 -0500
>Peter asks "what good are they"? Or, words to that effect.
>
>The person who most comes to mind that continually warned about
>destroying honey enzymes was none other than Roger Morse, former
>Professor of Apiculture at Cornell. In fact, I was once in the
>audience when a person asked Roger just the question that Peter is
>asking. Trouble is, I cannot remember his answer...except that he
>was convinced they were very valuable.
>
>Peter, with your excellent library, could you perhaps find Roger's
>view on the matter and report it to us?

Normally when one *quotes* a person, one uses the words they actually
said. What I actually said was:

>Another school attributes to honey some special nutritional
>properties which must not be exposed to heat. What exactly are these
>properties and what is their role in human nutrition?! Aren't people
>simply trying to create an aura of mystery around an ordinary food
>product?

It seems odd that I should be called upon to find support for a
position that I do not represent. I classified honey as a confection
with jams and maple syrup. Overcooked jams taste terrible, but maple
syrup is boiled for hours and tastes great. Anyway, perhaps the
following reference with be of use:

http://www.orgone.org/

>"ORGONE ENERGY is a Primordial Cosmic Energy; universally present
>and demonstrable visually, thermically, electroscopically and by
>means of Geiger-Mueller counters. In the living organism:
>Bio-energy, Life Energy. Discovered by Wilhelm Reich between 1936
>and 1940." .. Selected Writings 1961 by Wilhelm Reich

Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>