From:
John Mesinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 08:32:29 -0400
        I have had a swarm trap in a pine tree some 20 feet from a hive
[which is the location of swarms last year] which first superceded their
queen and then, packing so much honey everywhere, raised 12 swarm cells,
and there were "scout bees for the first time that I could see looking
into the trap hive. When I destroyed the swarm cells [save several I took
for a NUC experiment], I have seen no further activity around the swarm
trap [which has 4 parial sheets of embossed wax inside at the top and two
pheroneme capsules inside].

Cordially,
John F. Mesinger