From:
Laura Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 15:29:49 -0400
Hello Gordon,

   Yes, the colony is more established underneath the original hive than
in front.  I even found some comb filled with honey underneath when I
removed the bulk of the bees.

  I need to go out there one more time and remove the rest of the bees
and place them in the new brood chamber.  It is so hot and humid here in
Maryland that when I worked the bees on Sunday, I almost dropped from
heat exhaustion.  I need a cooler day to go out there, which has been
promised by the weather forecast.

   As for the books being confused about swarms and supercedures, does
this mean that swarms don't necessarily result from supercedures?  My
hive did appear to have some "emergency" cells which indicated a
supercedure was taking place.

   Thanks for your reply.

Laura