Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 21:22:07 -0700
 > Really? Guess he couldn't go back and read and reference old
 > archives with writings of Langstroth, Ruttner, Georgandas,
 > Baudoux, Grout, Schwammerdamn, Reaumnur, Castellon, Betts,
 > Root, etc....just off the top of my head thinking now. Oh,
 > and wasn't this the time of the ruler mesurement gig for
 > buying/selling?.....hehe

You can giggle, Dee, but those of us who have bothered to do
so and not distorted the meaning or extrapolated from that
data to fit personal theories, have concluded that those
writers  meant exactly what they said, and that nothing much
has changed over time with regard to bee cell construction,
foundation or no, in North America  -- at least until the AHB hit
some southern states.

It was well documented at the time, and at great expense
that the surest sign of the arrival of AHB in a region
was smaller than usual cells -- around 4.9 as I recall.