From:
Al Avitabile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:05:42 +0000
 So much for Isolated Mating Yards( SEE E-MAIL BELOW) What is said WHICH OFTEN IS PLEASANT TO THE EAR REGISTERS DIFFERENTLY IN THE NEURONS OF THE BRAIN WHEN ONE GIVES TAUGHT TO THE THINKING OR REMARKS OF OTHERS. OR TO PUT IT INTO A DIFFERENT TEXT   YES AN isolated MATING YARD OFTEN WARMS THE HEART AND HAS A PLEASANT RING AS IT REACHES THE EAR DRUMS ON ITS WAY TO CONVEYANCE WITH THE BRAIN BUT BEWARE OF BRAIN TICKLES FOR OFTEN THEY ARE NOT ALL THAT THEY SOUND TO BE. AL

    On Saturday, December 23, 2017, 5:37:04 PM EST, Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Hi all
I think that in most locations, there is an abundance of drones in season and that mating will be a mixture of drones from a wide area. Ruttner stated:

> We have tested the 'security' of mating stations by using genetically marked queens and drones (cordovan), and almost nowhere was mating with foreign drones prevented by geographical isolation. In the Alps, in places 4 - 5 km. from the nearest apiary, and supplied with the drones of 4 colonies, we obtained a varying percentage of pure matings (0- 16%); the rest were mixed matings. Thus in European conditions complete isolation can only very rarely be achieved - except on islands in the sea.

Ruttner, F. The Life and Flight Activity of Drones. Bee World Vol. 47 , Iss. 3, 1966