From:
Steve Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:33:55 -0400
From this list I've listened and learned a few important points on
beekeeping. If you give your bees plenty of room early in the spring, say
peach bloom time, your have much less swarming and much more honey. After
many years of having bees I tried this last spring with noticeable results.
Out of four hives just one swarmed.  I have four mediums on each of the
others with another month or so of honey flow left.
Also, I've found the plastic Peirco frames are great for the small time
beekeeper too.  I have these in the  medium supers and simply scrape them
down with a table spoon into a colander suspended over a large vessel.  I
let the bees clean supers and frames before storing during the winter.  With
these there's never a need ever year to place foundation in the frames.
Hope this helps.  Now if there was only a way to get the supers into the
kitchen without lifting.

Steve