From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:36:30 -0600
> Pretty good, I guess. But to me, a real beekeeper is simply someone who
> can't NOT have bees. (Believe me, I tried for a few years but it didn't
> last)

Interesting thought.   Somehow I imagined I might manage to stop having
bees, but they just keep multiplying.  I was down to three hives a year back
and figured I might finally break free, but now I find I have 32 hives
again.

Also, it turns out that having bees can be as much work or as little as you
like.  Before I was a commercial beekeeper, 32 hives would have occupied all
my spare time.  Now I might spend 30 hours a year on them and only work on
them a few times.