Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 07:48:57 -0400
> What this data says is up to 100% of the mites can be in the brood at
> times!  Can this in part explain why at times suddenly mite % on a wash
> increases like crazy?  We have been blaming this type of sudden increase on
> robbing bringing home lots of mites.  Perhaps it is just mites coming out
> of brood.   Perhaps due to a decrease in brood rearing?

Might be, but with OAV over the brood period you would expect that Varroa
would be minimized (which it has been for me) and the sudden increase comes
with a corresponding increase in disease/virus.

I do not discount the mite increase, but it is more likely to result in
winter or even early spring death than Autumn death.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine