Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:36:40 -0400
> Lets not kid ourselves.  If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.
> The pros are pros and the non-pros are not pros.  "Beginner" is not a
> pejorative.  It is a description of  fact.  Anyone who does not open
> several
> hundred hives a year -- minimum -- is not really in the game.  IMO.

I have seen many commercial operations and disagree. They can be as
unobservant as a "beginner" beekeeper. My article on commercial pollinators
in the blueberry barrens was published by Gleanings, and that was only one
of many trips. I was with Tony Jadczak and hundreds of hives were opened.

My use of the term pejorative was accurate as it reflected the way
"beginner" was used. I"Beginner" was applied to anyone who used newspaper,
that they were beginners. That is the issue that my post addressed.

I am really trying to keep my side of this discussion civil and do not
understand the nature (if you don't open 100s of hives you are "not in the
game") of the response which seem to imply "us verses them". The statement
is obviously false and I am attempting to just let it go as intemperate.
Otherwise we have written off most of those who post on and read this List,
including me.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine