From:
David Gaida <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:28:58 -0500
Hi everyone.  This time I am asking for a favor.

I mentioned Hubert 'Honey Bee' Martin once before.  He is a 97 year old
active beekeeper who has come to just about every one of our beekeeping
meetings.  He is an absolute wealth of information.  And I love the man -
he is a kind, gentle man.

Mr Martin suffered a stroke recently.  He is currently in a nursing home.
I am taking him a radio/cd/cassette player today because his nurse said it
may help in stimulation.  I have some cassettes that are nature sounds and
related.

Here's the favor.  Is anyone aware of any cassettes which have bee sounds
and discussions, or just bee sounds on them?  I would run up to our
remaining ladies and record some, but we are in winter and there is not
much noise.  Or, if someone is in the midst of a busy season, is it
possible to make such a tape?  Or is there some USDA or other govt type
organization that can make one or has one available?

Mr. Martin never married and has no children.  The ladies were his whole
life.  Since the age of 12.

We aren't sure how much longer he has, but we are not letting him go
lightly.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Judy

----