From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 11:12:33 -0700
Sorry to bother everyone, but some folks have indicated that they can't
read our page - the text appears on a dark background.  We are not using
those colors, it is your browser/graphics setup that is the probable problem.

We designed these pages for a recent version of Netscape, and it has been
checked on several PCs, Macs, Unix boxes, etc.  The background is a very
light yellow bee comb, the text is in black, except for blue on the links.

We do not warrant that the oldest versions of Netscape, and we know the
older Mosaic browsers don't support all of our HTML coding.

By far, the biggest problem is setting up colors on your computer.
Windows default uses a 16 color graphics driver.  It doesn't even load
the other drivers, but they are on the installation disk.  Don't know
what Windows 95 does, but the older Windows don't think you need more
than 16 colors.

At 16 colors, our background tends to come up muddy grey.  At 256 it is
much better.  More colors, even better.  Also, check the resolution
settings, they can also affect appearance.

Bottom line, web images and home pages are affected by your machine's
setup - and no one tells you that all many www pictures will be really
ugly at 16 colors.

So, if you are using a recent version of Netscape, have properly setup
your colors and resolution, and still can't read our pages, let me know
and we will try to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks

Jerry Bromenshenk