From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:52:56 +0000
Hello All

Another beekeeper and myself are experimenting with various IPM controls for
varroa, one of which is finely ground sugar (called icing sugar here in
Ireland and perhaps elsewhere). I will have Open Mesh floors on all of my
hives shortly. Can anybody assist me in identifying a means of delivering
the sugar on to the bees on the frames? Perhaps a modification to something
else like a flexible carton etc. to act as a 'puffer'. And how much (say in
ounces or grams should be delivered to each side of the frames? It will save
me time if I can get a ready made working solution.

Thanks for assistance.

Tom Barrett
Dublin
Ireland