From:
Robert MacKimmie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:13:53 -0700
The San Francisco Bay Area is terrific for bees and honey! It may be more
difficult to produce, but it is worth it.

While we may have to battle fog when the rest of the country is sweltering,
the Bay Area climate creates a vast array of microclimates which produce very
unique honeys neighborhood to neigborhood, and each hive can vary
dramatically by season. As if we didn't know that about each of our hives,
but in San Francisco the variety is heightened by the extremes of the
climate.

There is a good contingent of beekeepers in this area. If I could offer up
two shameful shameless plugs, there is the article just a few weeks old that
was front page in the Sunday paper:
"http://eXaminer.com/990523/0523farms.html" and there is the website
"http://www.citybees.com", which has what might be a helpful resources page
of internet links and information for every level of beekeeping.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,