From:
Rory Stenerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:08:24 -0400
Greetings Everyone,

I'm a beginning beekeeper and I had my first hive inspection today from our
state bee inspector.  Everything looked good, except for an occasional Bald
Face Brood from an enterprising Wax Moth worm.  An ether roll showed about
10-15 varroa mites which I'm told is relatively low, but is a warning.  I
would like to check the summer build up of Varroa without taking my first
honey supers off, (they're about 3/4 built out.)

I was thinking about trying Jan Templeman's Drone Comb Method and reporting
the results back to my club.  However, I cannot find a supplier who sells
drone comb foundation anymore.  I tried Dadant, Kelley, A.I.Root, and Mann
Lake and struck out.  Anybody have any suggestions for finding drone
foundation in the U.S?

Thank you in advance,

Rory Stenerson,
Member - Centre County Beekeepers Association
State College, PA U.S.A.