From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:42:44 -0700
Thread was Buckfast, Minnesota Hygienic for Chalkbrood.

Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I am hearing increasingly more reports though of hot MN hygenic queens mated in Texas and other southern locations so buyer beware of queen breeder locations that are AHB infested.

I agree with Brian.  Purchasers of queens and packages need to really bee aware of the producer's location and, I hate to say this, shy away from those who open mate in areas which have become invaded by the Africanized bee.  If you get instrumentally inseminated queens then you can pretty well control the genetics, but open mating in an Africanized area.   Don't think so.

Mike in LA  (Lower Alabama and not yet infiltrated by AHB)