From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:12:36 -0600
> There is a flaw in the way we understand "what the bee sees" because we
> consider what our eyesight 'picture' would look like through a bee's eye.
>
> Consider that vision in humans is a combination of the optical signals and
> the processing that our brains do on those signals.

I agree.  In spite of the apparent crudeness of the raw image from their
'eyes', bees seem to have very good visual perception .

Motion seems to play a large role in what bees 'see'.  It seems to me that
when motion is involved, bees are able to use the additional information
generated by motion to enhance (over time) what we imagine they 'see' from
considering the static image inputs.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/