From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:11:11 -0800
Isis writes:
How do YOU tell them apart from other bees? What kind of
bees do you have and how do they differ from the other bees
in your area?

Reply:
Well, even the gov doing testing lump them all together and
cannot tell them apart by sight, they see to use
aggressiveness and our bees are happy, healthy bees, and
real nice to work. Always have been, Ive never seen really
hot bees in this area, though you would think
so..........and in instances reported it was people
posioning them, or squirting water on them or burning them
or something stupid to get something going, but then that
too is normal in other places.

contining:
 If one reads carefully through the papers that were cited,
one would have to conclude that

Reply:
Yes maybe one would, then you must consider who is writing
the papers and how they work bees too and then maybe visit
the area to see if it is true......for what is written
doesn't seem to match what locals are keeping, and if going
to odd spots to see things does, this then means what? or
if putting as many hot bees in one spot does then, then
what is being artificially created, and by whom........and
for what purpose.

Heck, as far as I know, only so-called AHBs are only
occurring in areas of SC bees being kept in volume and
numbers growing while the LC die back now......due to
maladies.

continuing:
 If it is possible to prevent this from occurring, you
should explain

Reply:
But I have.......you simply follow the bees needs and work
with a natural system on SC.

Continuing:
If "so-called AHBs" are not Africanized bees, what are
they?

Reply:
Well seeing something different and then saying african and
lumping all coloration/traits of SC into the equation I
think was a wrong play that is bringing the roosters home
to roost. The long-term shall indeed be interesting,
especially since bees like other animals break out by
race/strain by latitude and altitude and I don't think that
man can change that very much.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper