Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:52:04 GMT
>>...bees don't visit grass so if this is what makes them sneeze, then it's not likely my honey will help.

I used to get hay fever whenever mowing the grass around the house.  I still do if I don't eat honey for say 2 weeks.  Sometimes I forget to take the honey for while.  It's not likely I suddenly remember to have hay fever symptoms... It's the sneezing that makes me realize I have not had honey in a while.  I don't think it's placebo.

Remember, reality always precedes science.  I can see how airborne pollen, in its huge overabundance, ends up in the nectar of the flowers bees visit or on the bees' bodies (just as it lands on target flowers).  It may take small amounts of this pollen in honey to desensitize the immune system around the digestive track.

>>Several customers also swear by a little honey with a little apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water helps with arthritis.  They say they KNOW when they miss their daily honey dose.

There was a study where honey injections helped osteoarthritis.

Waldemar