From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:15:35 -0500
All points are VERY valid and something I have struggled with for the past
few years. I see great potential to take my hobby and turn it into a very
practical part time job and then a job during retirment in 30 years...

In our case we are getting ready to build a home starting this coming
weekend and I see this part time job helping to make us debt free, pay for
the girls college, etc.

However we do not have a garage and the only extraction equipment I have is
too small for real honey production.

So I have to either build a small honey house with larger equipment or
expand and not produce any real amounts of honey.

Either way in the long run I should be setup for both nuc production and
honey.

To me this has become a lifetime plan. Maybe one day I will be sending
hives to pollinatiin but right now that's too demanding and I have to
juggle my time.

My family does come first but if I manage this right it can provide my
family with great oppurtunites in the future.

Thanks for the replys. I am sure others in my same spot "on the fence"
beekeepers struggling to decide which path to take with their opperation
have found it a great wealth of knowledge.

As always thank you.