From:
BusyKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 03:18:13 -0500
>If the bee space is now too tight will the bees "fix it up" or have
>I created a clogged hive?
Robert,
   The bees will fix it up; I have watched this process in my observation
hive.  The bees 'eat' back the wax cappings & cells until they have their
bee space once again.  Its an interesting thing to watch in my observation
hive when I've put in a frame that was drawn out too far (between in and
the glass).
   BTW, I played around with putting just nine frames in a ten frame hive
like you've done.  And like you, I've gone back to ten frames.  I read
somewhere that nine frames would ease the crowding and keep you from
smashing so many bees when you work the hive.  So it really appealled to
me.  But the mess that the bees create when they build burr comb between
the nine frames is not worth the extra trouble.
BusyKnight
Dallas, TX