From:
chrissy shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
chrissy shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:09:42 -0500
Is not domestic an odd idea at any rate?  Humans are a species Homosapien s., since we are a species, any manipulation of any other species for our gain is the same as it would be for any other species.  A honeydew ant variety is not domesticating aphids by moving them here or there, and would not be were that ant to attempt to breed a better honeydew producing aphid.  We are more sophisticated, but i have never seen evidence that we are but another species which takes advantage of other species, simply in a more robust manner.

I think the premise that we are somehow "special" only holds up if you ask us.  If we are not special that means we have relationships that fir into biological standards regarding co-dependant, symbiotic or parasitic relationships with bees, and many other species.

Chrissy Shaw

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

* BEE-L is hosted at the State University of New York at Albany.                    *
* Help with data collection regarding Colony Collapse Disorder at www.beesurvey.com *