From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 21:07:42 +0900
Janice Green posted information on her web site for the lay person and asked
for beekeeper input.  I congratulate Janice on her site and lay-out.

We have a Web page on Kangaroo Island, the Ligurian bee sanctuary and
beekeeping  information designed to interest the non-beekeeper at
http://kigateway.eastend.com.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm
and am happy to join with Janice in corresponding with interested school
students/general public re beekeeping and to cross-link our Web sites.

Perhaps other beekeepers have suitable sites to provide a world tour of
educational material for the general public?  I think it is important not to
get too technical in order to hold the interest of the likely surfers.

I have found people to be fascinated and terrified at the same time - but
familiarisation works wonders in providing both an aware and discerning
customer base and hopefully our next generation of beekeepers.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
j.h. & e. mcadam<[log in to unmask]