From:
Michael Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:19:35 -0400
I`m new to combining hives and would like some clarifications on the
newspaper method.

The nectar flow isn't finished yet(southern Quebec) and is it better to
wait and combine after the flow in another two weeks?  If yes do I place
the weak hive over the honey super?

If I wait till after the flow is over should I place a feeder over top of
the weak hive when combining?
What about for winter do I leave the weak hive box on top and wrap it or
will all the bees settle into the strong hive's box?

I intend on dispatching the weak hive's queen before combining and
extracting any honey they had stored in their second hive body.  Is there
anything wrong with this procedure?