From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:15:12 -0400
I'll admit that I've only used my tank for a couple of seasons and am in
the dozens of boxes range not hundreds or thousands, but properly set up
the tank is no more dangerous than any other tool I use in my shop
(probably less than some).  I do heat with a 250k BTU propane burner, but
the risk is pretty low as the burner is recessed into the ground and
surrounded on three sides with 4inch fire brick.  The tank has a splash
guard that overhangs the bottom on all side as well and a good foot of
clear space between the wax and the top of the tank for foaming even when
loaded.  It also has a steel telescoping cover that can be put on with a
2x4.  As to knocking it over, maybe if you drove a car into it, The tank
weighs over 100pounds with over 400 pounds of wax in it, I would need a
tractor to move it.  It's a wonderful black eyesore in the middle of my
lawn clear of all buildings etc.

Jeremy
West Michigan