From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:08:31 +1200
Some of you on the list are familiar with the name Dr Peter Molan, of
Waikato University, in Hamilton New Zealand.  He was responsible for
determining that manuka honey, in particular, has antibiotic
properties in excess of that which is normal in all honeys.

Peter's interests in honey are wide-ranging, in fact.  He has often
given *excellent* presentations to beekeepers and other groups on the
process of wound healing in general, and the particular advantages
that honey has in treating wounds, ulcers and burns.

I have just placed four examples of recent articles, bibliographies
and 'handouts' on the NZ Beekeeping pages.  I think many on the list
will find them an excellent reference as well as a 'commonsense
guide' to the use of honey in healing...

http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/molan.htm   (the main article)

http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/molan2.htm  (an extensive bibliography)

http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/molan3.htm  (selection and use of honey
on wounds)

http://www.beekeeping.co.nz/molan4.htm  (summary of recent research
findings)

  (\      Nick Wallingford
  (/      NZ Beekeeping http://www.beekeeping.co.nz

'Order' files from an autoresponder...
NZ Bkpg: Commercial Beekeeping (Story)?  Email to: [log in to unmask]