From:
Karen DeHond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 18:36:12 -0400
Thank you all,
   Installed bees this morning, if they were planning on swarming they
hadn't done it yet.   The nucs were started elsewhere and were VERY full.

  The 2 of us who did the installing are both beginners taking over 10
hives from last year which died over the winter.  Neither of us was able to
spot the queens so are praying we didn't hurt them,  I have so many
questions am almost ashamed to ask them all but:

How will we know if there is  no queen?    I'll try your archives and try
to keep my questions to a minimum.

Amusing:   My grandson age 6 yrs.  asked if we found the queens.  When I
told him we were unable to recognize them he said  "Gramma, they're the
ones with crowns on.

Karen DeHond
Upstate New York