From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2017 07:46:24 -0700
Funny, I just went through this on one "standard" with the ARS and another
collaborator as I was writing the protocol for testing OA/gly shop towels
for registration by EPA.  I vigorously disputed the COLOSS standard (and
was, to my great relief, supported by an influential ARS field
researcher).  My responsibility now, is to submit my alternative, and the
reasons for it, to COLOSS.

Charlie, re the testing of queen qualities, a number of European breeding
programs have clearly defined testing standards, which are used to show
progress over generations of breeding.  Please keep in mind Charlie, that
simply because you are unaware that something exists, doesn't mean that it
doesn't already exist.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA