From:
"Kevin D. Parsons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:43:19 -0400
I've had quite a bit of luck placing a large clear glass jar or bowl over a
yellow jacket
hole. Do it at night when they are all in the nest. Try to get a good seal
between the jar and
the ground. The yellow jackets will be able to fly so they won't (usually)
dig a new exit.
But, they can't get out to gather food, so they all die. Can take a week to
finish them all off.

Hope it works for you,

Kevin