From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:20:03 +0300
        The nectar supply to the flower is constant with independence of the
seasonal conditions.
        Of course an extended drought can reduce the nectar supply, but this
is difficult that occur at the very least in the means in which I know,
given to the fact that the roots of the  eucalyptus  are very deep and the
droughts in Uruguay do not tend to have so much duration.

In the zone where my beehives are located there is a strong predominance of
the Tasmanian Blue Gum .  This tree blossoms in autumn - winter, and
consequently their/its flowerings are usually affected for  rains.

        The people says that the rain "washes the flowers", but the idea is
that the tree will follow producing agreed nectar to the needs of the flower
and of the pollination.

        The above oppinion is just an observation, and I no have strong
evidence about it.  Further evidence will be needed for definitive conclussions.

        Regards

        Carlos Aparicio