From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2014 21:34:14 -0300
I didn't know where to paste this link
http://www.beekeepereric.com/?p=307
till now

It seem the writer is part of Bee-L
I put it here because at the same time as the request of "labeling" the
dose as per LDxx
from that reading ... "Also, if researchers test pesticides (e.g. most of
the recent work on neonicotinoids) by feeding it in sugar or HFCS instead
of nectar they may get misleadingly high toxicity estimates (maybe this in
one reason field trials don't seem to bear out lab results?)."

"There is an important implication in this paper that has so far been
overlooked: all the recent research into neonicotinoid insecticides - where
bees are fed the insecticide at varying concentrations (field realistic or
not) in sugar, candy, or HFCS - may be completely misleading! Whoa, there's
a lot of it out there, and many of us have been wondering why we're not
seeing clear cut effects in the field when such a variety of significant
effects have been observed in the lab. Maybe we've found one of the
culprits. In the field, the bees get pollen and propolis, and may be better
able to detoxify the pesticides "