From:
Chris Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 11:47:01 +1000
>>... I think you may have a few crossed wires.
>>This list is normally about beekping bees rather than raising birds.
>
>Come on Chris... a  bit of computer/practical/biology knowlegde once in a
>while does not hurt.

I did not mean to offend any one. I'm sorry if I did but them main point is
that questions about raising birds would be better answered in a mailing
list  dedicated to raising birds.  I regret that I did not make this point
clear in my original message.

Notice that there was not a big response to the original question about the
birds.  I believe the question has been posted again and still there is
little response. This suggests that few people this list know the answer.
If the question were posted on a list about raising birds (particularly that
breed of birds) then there would be no end to the advice offered by other
subscribers.

If I have a question about sailing, cats, goats or cows, I would expect to
get an better answer from a mailing list dedicated to sailing, cats, goats
or cows.
There has been some discussion lately on this list about carpentry, painting
and computers.  In each case the discussion related to how these tools help
us look after bees or learn more about bees.  As such it is fair enough for
inclusion on the bee list.  If the discussion started to wander away from
beekeeping eg. the relative merits of spread sheets and word processors,
then it would have been appropriated ask the participants to choose another
forum.

This nearly happened a few weeks ago when the creationists and evolutionists
got the knives out.  Maybe they have moved to another list and are happily
hurling abuse and insults at each other.  If you like that sort of thing go
over and join them (where ever they are) but don't bring them back here.

Returning to the original question about the birds, let me re-phrase the
question.

"Does any one know of a mailing list dedicated to raising birds?  I have a
serious problem with some birds dying and need help."
Regards

Chris Allen