From:
Robert Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:05:52 -0500
On 26-Nov-17, at 8:42 AM, littlewolfbees apis mellifera wrote:

Hi Walter and all

> Many small guys extract 2 or 4 frames in hand crank or electric
> extractors.

I traded in my 2 frame garbage pail hand extractor after the first
year when my bees amazed me with crop they produced.

Next I got a 4 frame electric stainless steel, which changed my plan
because now I had 2 1/2 loads per super, so I switched to 9 frames per
box with a cut comb honey frame in the middle(Bee Culture Apr 2009) so
only 2 extracted loads per box.  This extractor became illegal because
its seams were sealed with solder.

Then I got a 9 frame Maxant (3 tang, 6 rad , = 9) which messed up my
plan again except for boxes without the comb honey frame and the odd
deep box put on as a honey box to draw out foundation.  My extracting
room is small 10'x10' so a small extractor was necessary.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W