Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:08:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Keith,
    I've been reading this and other lists for years.(Only just started talking) I have never in 5 years had a harsh chemical in my hives. Last year I began with O/A.  I have followed your opinions and usually like them. I think today though you are throwing the baby out with the bath water. I actually felt the same as you once. I faulted this list for being skeptical of FGMO. After 3 years I am now skeptical also. I wish I had listened. I passed out a lot of small cell this (and last) year. Usually the bees (Packages) drew out drone comb. I'll keep at it. I'm becoming skeptical. 
     There are as you say many 'keepers that use IPM and avoid the harsher chemicals. If you are reading this list stand up and be counted fellows and girls. Honk if you never used Apistan or Checkmite.
     I've looked in on the other sites. It's too easy to talk about stuff that is marginal when no-one contradicts you. Here on this list people will call you to task if you say something that doesn't hold up. That is a good environment to grow in. 
     "Natural nutrition" caught my eye. I presume that to mean no substitute pollen patties. How do you do that?
Collect and freeze pollen? Feed it back?

Dick Marron 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2