From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:31:13 -0400
randy oliver OM> wrote:
>My own trials indicate that top dusting with sugar doesn't *reduce* varroa
>populations to any great extent over the course of a few months.  I have not
>tried longer periods of regular dusting.

Right, but for this study the authors dusted every two weeks for a year and found that it essentially did
nothing. I studied screened bottom boards for several years and saw the same results, that they do
nothing. Other people's results may vary, depending on the degree of Faith applied, but to me a
technique that does nothing is not one I would advocate.

pb