From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 07:15:51 -0400
Hi Mark,

Could you describe this scale?  I'm not sure I am familiar with it.  The
scale that came to mind was a cheap scale offered but discontinued (possible
by Dadant?) that I acquired somewhere along the way, possibly at a close out
sale?  Anyway, the scale I bought was little more than a hive stand with
springs and a needle that gave an uncalibrated indication of weight.  It
seemed to me next to a meaningless indication of weight gain/loss, so much
so that I never even used it, and I bought 2!  They were definitely a
close-out item for a reduced price.  My assessment upon receipt was, "It's
no wonder this item is being discontinued!".

So, what about this Maxant scale?  It's been some time since I went through
a Maxant catalog and I don't recall ever seeing a scale.

Aaron Morris - thinking I usually avoid scales 'cause I don't want to know!