From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 07:02:02 -0400
This message was originally submitted by  [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L list
at
LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove mark-up characters.

----------------- Original message (ID=1464662C) (88 lines)
-------------------
From: "Marc Sevigny" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "bee" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ANP Foundation
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:01:49 -0400

I recently inherited a couple of colonies with ANP
foundation, as well as 2 deeps of ANP.  In the
two active colonies, the bees seem to only store
some nectar in the ANP cells, no brood.  All of the
brood is going up in the wax honey supers.

I also caught a swarm a couple of weeks ago, and
decided to put the swarm into the only spare brood
chambers that I had, the ANP.  The bees went inside
for about 2 hours, then absconded.  I don't know if
the reason was the ANP foundation or not.  But so
far, I'm afraid to continue trying to use this foundation.

Too bad, too, since it was apparently so expensive.

Anyone else have any recent experience with the
stuff?  Or was is a short-lived fad?

Marc
Harvard, Massachusetts