From:
GAVIN RAMSAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:42:02 +0100
>Is anyone else on the List even following this?

Yes, and we're very grateful for it.

Low level exposure as occurs from seed treated canola (OSR) and the like, cleared out of the bee within a couple of days, the colonies show no signs of any effects (at least that is the case in the UK) other than getting on with life, building up, and laying in a honey crop - makes perfect sense.    The odd outlier report, with wayward results, but chimes with people's prejudices, gets all the publicity - seems to be the way things go.

Not that I'm not suspicious about neonics.  The evidence for effects on bumble bees at low levels seems to be more compelling.  Or am I wrong there?

Gavin - whose Scottish bees are currently supping from the poisonous well of the pre-moratorium contaminated oilseed rape fields