From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:06:18 -0700
>Randy, how does the production of your Russian colonies compare to your
other colonies?

Waldemar, I hate to make any blanket statement.  First, in order to find an
isolated yard, they are not in one of my best locations.

Second, the first generation did not get a fair start, so I cannot judge
from them.
This spring, I reared queens from the best 6 of the first generation.  Those
colonies were great!  Even though they were started with very small nucs,
they built up and produced well.

John, regarding the production and survival of your hives, I have no reason
whatsoever to doubt you.  As I said, I have seen productive mite-resistant
colonies, and expect some good lines of bees to evolve (in addition to the
Russians and VSH lines).

I applaud you for your example, and am glad that you are sharing your stock!
 I hope to test some in my California climate next season.

Randy Oliver

Randy Oliver