From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:32:48 -0500
As Bob mentioned, it takes honey to produce wax.  As I recall, it's also
true that during a honey flow, many of the younger bees are *involuntarily*
producing wax scales in large quantities.  It is an automatic reaction to
the abundance of nectar in the hive.  Seems to me this wax is better used
(in expanding combs) than wasted on the floor of the hive as trash.  I wish
I could provide a reference for this involuntary wax-production, but can't
recall where it was written up.

Could anyone please elaborate on this?

Thanks & welcome to Spring (snow forecast for tomorrow :-( ...)

Joel Govostes          Freeville, NY