From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:09:27 -0800

> Might I ask  the fumagillan/syrup mix per litre?

Since we live in "America," I measure in good old-fashioned cups, quarts,
and gallons!

In my first trial, at the rate of 1 454g bottle per 20 gal; see
http://scientificbeekeeping.com/nosema-drench-treatment-trial/

This winter I used a higher dose, akin to the 1 bottle per 7 gal rate,
drenched at 1 cup/colony.  This rate gives approx 1 rounded tsp to each
colony per cup of syrup, which is the recommended amount to be dissolved in
a gallon of syrup.  For weak colonies, I applied proportionally less, e.g.,
about a quarter cup for a 2-1/2-frame colony.   I again repeated weekly for
4 weeks.

In the first trial, I measured spore counts of bees.
In the second trial, I only sampled nosema prevalence in dying bees in the
snow after a spring snowfall last week.  In two samples of 10 bees each, 9
out of 10 dying bees were infected (generally heavily) with nosema.  I did
not check prevalence in hive bees.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA